Some of our favorite types of digital products that we create are editable pdf invitations. Here is a quick tutorial to show you how to make your own and have them printed in not much time at all.
1. Purchase your Invitation Pack and download the files, open the "READ FIRST" text file which states what fonts are used in your invitation pack. Download and install the fonts listed.
2. Open Acrobat Reader. Choose File, and navigate to the downloaded folder.
3. Select the invitation you would like to customize and select OPEN.
4. Click on the words you would like to edit. If you are editing an invitation that has 2 invitations per sheet, the changes will be reflected in both invitations. Font sizes may not be changed in Editable PDFs from how the file was originally formatted by the designer. If you would like to make more adjustments and use different fonts, try the WORD DOCUMENT files included in these downloads.
5. Once your invitation is how you would like it, select FILE > SAVE AS > and NAME YOUR FILE.
6. At this point, you are ready to print at home or send to a printer. To print from home, select FILE > PRINT, Select ACTUAL SIZE or CUSTOM SCALE if you would like the invitations to be smaller than 5X7.
**NOTE - The colored editing boxes will disappear when printed**
7. If you would like to send to a printer, you can email the file or use an online upload service like OfficeMax has.
8. If you are using the 5x7 Single Invitation file, and would like to save as a PDF, follow the above steps. Some photo labs require JPG or PNG formats. If you would like to save it as a JPG or PNG, first save it as a PDF as above, then follow these steps.
9. Open PREVIEW. FILE > EXPORT > JPG (QUALITY BEST) or PNG. I like to add the extension JPG or PNG when I am renaming the file (example: ANNUAL SERVICE AUCTION 5x7 JPG). These files are now ready to upload to your photo lab or social media!
We hope you enjoy using our editable invitations as much as we love to design them!